GAY TRAVEL INFORMATION: Mont Tremblant + Côté Nord – Quebec, Canada
Mont-Tremblant / Côté Nord Tremblant / 141 Tour Du Lac Rd / Lac-Superieur, Quebec J0T 1P0, Canada / 1-819-688-5201
My first visit to Mont Tremblant was in 1997. I was 21 years old and had never been out of the country. Crossing into Quebec, Canada from the Vermont border was (is) magical. I remember the excitement I felt the first time I noticed the signs were in French and heard a French radio station.
As a travel agent I had read about a ski resort in the Laurentians, roughly 1 1/2 hours from Montreal, called Mont Tremblant. The photos I saw made the village look magical but nothing prepared me for the enchantment of it all. I can still see the snow falling, the deer slowly crossing the street and twinkling Christmas lights illuminating the night sky.
I visited Tremblant several times between the years of 1997 and 2002 that but haven’t been back in almost 10 years so when the opportunity came up to visit the area, my partner and I jumped on it! This time “I” was the experienced one and my partner was the “newbie” to Canada!
I still get butterfly’s every time I cross the Canadian border! I could write an entire blog on my love of Canada alone, but I will focus on our stay in Tremblant.
I am happy to report that Tremblant is as enchanting as ever! There has been great expansion in the village, on the slopes and an addition of a casino.
During our visit we were fortunate enough to stay at the absolutely stunning Côté Nord Tremblant, a holiday resort offering over 50 luxurious log home rentals and waterfront suites for nature lovers and outdoor sports enthusiasts.
Côté Nord Tremblant is one of those places that leave you breathless. We arrived late at night and couldn’t really see the surrounding beauty until the following morning. Looking out the window of our suite at the gorgeous lake view is something I will always remember. The mist rising off the water & fog burning off as well as snow on the ground was….surreal and terribly romantic!
Côté Nord Tremblant offers two to six bedroom chalets and suites. Completely equipped chalets and suites are designed in contemporary or rustic style and located only minutes from Mont Tremblant resort.
One of the unique features of Côté Nord is the works of art on display by local artists. I was impressed by the art work I saw everywhere.
The 1 bedroom suite Jennifer & I were assigned had a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, queen-size bed, dining room, living room with plasma screen TV/DVD player & cable, gas fireplace, washer/dryer and a bathroom with a glass-walled, rain-head shower.
It is one of those suites you walk into and your mouth drops open. Perfectly decorated, quaint, modern and cozy.
- The property offers luxurious contemporary log homes, luxurious Scandinavian log homes, 3 bedroom semi-detached chalets, 4 bedroom chalets, 5 and 6 bedroom chalets, 2 bedroom suites and 1 bedroom suites.
- Côté Nord has a mountain setting, with approximately 1 acre of land per chalet and access to Lac Superieur & the Boulee River.
- The resort is located 75 minutes from Montreal (Trudeau International Airport) and 15 minutes from the pedestrian village at Tremblant, the # 1 Ski resort in North Eastern America.
- 6 minutes from the Ski access on the North side of Tremblant.
- 10 minutes from Mont-Tremblant National Park.
- 15 minutes from Saint-Jovite (grocery, restaurants & others services).
- Units have full kitchen, washing machine, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace, TV with cable & DVD player, Wi-Fi, BBQ and outdoor furniture access. Some chalets even have hot tubs. As a guest you have access to the pool, tennis court, river and lake.
- 1 Bedroom suite has a maximum 2 people limit; 2 Bedroom Suite had a 4 person maximum; 2 Bedroom Semi-Detached has 2 floors and a maximum 4 people limit; 3 Bedroom Semi-Detached has 2 floors and a maximum 6 people limit; 4 Bedroom Chalet has 3 floors with a maximum 8 people limit; 5 Bedroom Chalet has 3 floors with a maximum 10 people limit; 6 Bedroom Chalet has 3 floors with a maximum 13 people allowed.
- Limousine & car rental services
- Sport equipment rentals
- Onsite dining – Caribou Restaurant
- Meeting rooms
- Cross-Country Ski & Snowshoe available onsite.
- Côté Nord offers an array of packages. Click here for more info: http://www.cotenordtremblant.com/en/packagesWinter.php
I found the staff to be extremely pleasant and helpful and although I did not get the chance to dine at Caribou Restaurant, It seemed very inviting and look forward to dining there during my next visit.
Côté Nord is worth the 15 minute drive to Tremblant village. The setting on Lac Superieur is prime regardless of the season. I can only imagine how busy the lake is come summertime!
Gay & Lesbian Factor: One of the first things I noticed when I walked into the lobby of Côté Nord was their GQ Guide (“Gay Quebec Guide”). During my 2 night (all too brief) stay, I felt completely welcome and comfortable. Prior to my stay I had been in contact with Anick Beaulieu, the Sales & Marketing Director of the resort. I explained to Anick that I would be featuring Côté Nord on our travel blog, Gay Travel Information (www.gaytravelinformation.com) and she was more than eager to assist me with any media arrangements. I have been in the travel industry for over 12 years and I know the type properties Out & About Travel’s clients would love, and Côté Nord is one of them. The stylish, luxurious decor. The location. The onsite restaurant. Easy access to outdoor activities all = perfection. Côté Nord is a perfect match for our clients. It doesn’t matter if you are looking for an active vacation or romantic weekend getaway, Côté Nord would be the perfect location. It is truly the most impressive property I have ever stayed at while visit Tremblant. I felt very comfortable being openly affectionate with my partner here as well. Afterall, this IS Canada! I am hereby “OUTING” Côté Nord Tremblant as gay & lesbian friendly and worthy of our business.
I wish Mont Tremblant had an annual gay ski week like Whistler, Aspen, Telluride, Stowe etc.,. Maybe in time there will be one. Tremblant and the surrounding area is absolutely beautiful. There are shops, restaurants, nightclubs and activities galore to choose from. You feel as if you are in some small French ski town when you here.
I hope to send much business to Tremblant, especially Côté Nord and cannot wait for my return.
Owner Out & About Travel