Gay Travel Information: Gabriel’s Provincetown, MA
Located at the base of the Pilgrim Monument in Provincetown, MA, an arrival at Gabriel’s at the Ashmont Inn is like pulling up to the enchanted garden.
The courtyard has an array of multi-tiered decks, fountains, gardens, bar-b-que area, paths to the park, outdoor fire pit and a beautiful Weeping Birch Tree (which is extra beautiful when illuminated at night.)
Gabriel’s has been on my radar for quite some time so I was extremely excited when my partner and I were able to visit this past November.
There are many things I love about Gabriel’s, location being one of them. Located on Bradford Street, Gabriel’s is easy walking distance to bustling Commercial Street.
Gabriel’s has recently been renovated and features luxuriously appointed rooms, suites, and an amazing state-of-the-art penthouse.
Suites include oversized guestrooms with kitchens and sitting areas. Accommodations also offer fireplaces, kind-sized Tempur-Pedic beds, sleeper sofas, private decks/balconies, flat screen TV’s, iPod docking stations, free Wi-Fi, heated stone bathroom floors with waterfall fixtures, and more.
My partner and I were in the Olivia room which was absolutely stunning with its contemporary country chic design.
I loved the soft color tones in the room mixed with splashes of red and different shades of brown and orange.
Little touches make such a huge difference. The soft lighting. The wooden blinds. Fireplace. The heated bathroom floor. The TV in the bathroom. The (2 person) Jacuzzi tub.
The French doors that open to a balcony with a view of the gardens and Pilgrim Monument.
I loved that there was a TV in the dining area, living room/bed area and bathroom.
I loved the modern appliances and fixtures and overall soothing feel of the room.
In the morning, the aroma of coffee and pancakes lured Jen and I into the property’s Great Room where breakfast is held each morning (in the off season they serve an expanded continental breakfast on Saturday and Sunday only). This is an experience not to be missed.
The Great Room is extremely welcoming and cozy with its oversized chairs, sofa, board games, kitchen and main dining table.
There was a fantastic selection of breads, fruit and baked goods including muffins and Danish.
There was even an onsite chef that make breakfast items cooked to order.
Jen and I had delicious blueberry pancakes which we devoured in record speed!
During this time I was able to meet innkeepers, Elizabeth & Elizabeth Brooke. Both women were extremely personable and friendly with smiles that made you feel like an old friend. You could tell Elizabeth Gay Brooke was beaming with pride as she talked about her time with Gabriel’s.
As a matter of fact, Elizabeth Gay Brooke is one of the founders and current president of ‘The Women Innkeepers of Provincetown‘, which hosts ‘Women’s Week’ every year. To date, Elizabeth holds the title of owning the oldest woman-owned, continuously run B&B in the country.
As if Gabriel’s couldn’t get any better, they are PET FRIENDLY TOO!
There are specific rooms that are available for you and your furry friend. The rooms are: Laurel, Susan, Colette, Virginia, Christopher, Michael, and Hope.
Gabriel’s is the most pampering and luxurious Provincetown pet-friendly lodging choice. They offer bowls, pick-up bags, and leashes. You can also find organic dog treats in the office. With a location next to Bas Relief Park, you can take your pet for daily walks in the grass and walkways.
Provincetown as a whole is extremely pet friendly. There are lots of parks, beaches, restaurants and sight seeing tours that allow your four legged friends to join you!
- Gabriel’s is comprised of four historic buildings.
- The Inn is located at the base of Pilgrim Monument bordering Bas Relief Park.
- Parking for an additional 10.00 per day is available with your stay at Gabriel’s. If you would like parking, a parking pass will be provided to you upon arrival. There are outdoor bike racks if you find yourself arriving on two wheels instead of four. All other parking will be directed towards the door marked… “Arrival upon shooting stars, hot air balloon, sea turtles and broomsticks.”
- Rooms have a Keurig Coffee Maker.
- Check in is at 3pm. If you arrive into town earlier feel free to take drop your luggage off at Gabriel’s. They will take the luggage and get you all set with parking. You can use the Great Room for morning coffee and juice to start your trip. If you venture out you will receive a phone call the second your room becomes available.
- Gabriel’s has 6 levels of gardens and sitting areas.
- Gabriel’s offers expanded continental breakfast daily in season and on Saturday and Sunday’s only during off season.
- Property offer’s free Wi-Fi.
- All room rates quoted on site are for one or two people. For rooms that sleep more than two, there is a charge of $40 per additional person per night.
- Gabriel’s is pet friendly and one of the top lodging choices for pet owners when visiting Provincetown.
Gay & Lesbian Factor: This is Provincetown. Enough said. Gabriel’s goes above and beyond in the gay & lesbian friendly factor. Regardless of your sexual orientation one should feel very welcome and comfortable staying at this beautiful inn…including children & pets. Gabriel’s is a family friendly, casually elegant property. This is not a place to go “cruising” or “hook-up”. There is NO nude sunbathing here. I think you catch my drift! This is a the perfect inn for your stay in Provincetown or a romantic weekend getaway. The innkeepers are fabulous and instantly likeable as is their adorable son who greeted me upon arrival and showed us to our room. Gabriel’s doesn’t need to be “outed” as LGBT friendly. It is simply perfect and a place one must experience for themselves.
Jen and I LOVED Gabriel’s. We were impressed from the moment we arrived until the second we checked out. Everything about experience was top notch. The room, the courtyard, the breakfast, the location and the staff all get a 10-out-of-10 rating.
I cannot wait to return this summer if only to see the warm smiles of Elizabeth and Elizabeth!
Out & About Travel