Harbor Village – Hyannis Port, MA – Gay & Lesbian Friendly Cottage Rentals!
Harbor Village – Cape Cod Cottages & Vacation Home Rentals / 160 Marston Avenue / Hyannis Port, MA 02647 / (508)-775-7581
The mid cape is home to a hidden gem. Harbor Village – Hyannis Port, MA.
Harbor Village consists of twenty cottages, all with individual charm. Some are country, some are eclectic & others are contemporary. Cottages range from one, two, three and four bedroom units.
Each cottage has a living room, dining section or dining room, bath with tub or shower, dishware, utensils, fireplaces, cable TV, lines, towels & blankets and best of all, each cottage has a water view!
One of the best features of Harbor Village is their private footpath to Quohog Beach (by crossing tiny Ocean Avenue). This is the perfect beach to sun, picnic or watch the activity of sailors across Nantucket Sound.
Another fantastic feature of Harbor Village is the location! Harbor Village is located less than one mile from Main Street Hyannis, chock full of shops, restaurants, cafes and attractions.
I had the pleasure of staying overnight in the Merrow cottage last week. Merrow cottage consists of 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, dishwasher, a/c, large deck that overlooks tidal basin, fireplace and BBQ grill.
Merrow Cottage is lovely with charming country furniture and a gorgeous setting.
The cottage is spacious and cozy with all the amenities one would need. The only downfall of this unit is there is no Internet access and limited cable channels.
My travel companions & I found the beds to be extremely comfortable and loved the view of tidal basin, which was truly breathtaking.
In the morning we were greeted to a parade of ducks and a gorgeous view of the sun breaking through the storm clouds.
I ventured out to explore the trail to Quohog Beach. The walk was very relaxing with beautiful wildflowers lining the path and a beautiful assortment of birds.
The walk to/from the beach from our cottage took roughly 10-15 minutes, and that included stopping occasionally to take photos.
The owner Bob & his wife, Shirley, obviously take great pride in running Harbor Village (they have been doing so for over 20 years). Bob was extremely gracious, warm and friendly. He explained how he is “always around” so if we need anything — just give him a call. We found this to be very comforting!
Harbor Village is 17 acre peninsula, studded with pine trees & laced with sandy paths leading to the ocean beach. It is quiet & uncrowded which makes it perfect for rest & relaxation. With that said, it is also centrally located to many of the Cape’s most popular attractions.
I was extremely pleased with my stay at Harbor Village and regret that we had to leave a day early due to my 1 1/2 year old niece coming down with a virus, but we were already discussing how we can’t wait to come back.
In Hyannis, there truly is no better option!
GOOD TO KNOW:
- There are 20 cottages with a variety of styles & bedding options. They can accommodate one person to as many as a small convention!
- Harbor Village is located across the street from Quohog Beach. The resort has a private path that leads to the beach, via crossing a small street.
- All units have BBQ grill, fireplaces, kitchen, living room, dining section or dining room, bath with tub or shower, cable, linens, towels & blankets as well as a water view.
- Harbor Village is less than 1 mile from bustling Main Street Hyannis, which is full of great restaurants, shops, nightclubs, cafes and attractions.
- You can find a guide to nearby attractions HERE.
- You can find a listing of available cottages HERE.
- Directions to Harbor Village can be found HERE.
- Rates can be found HERE. In-Season rates are weekly and are in effect June 20-August 29th. Off-season rates are nightly and are in effect May 1-June 19th and August 28-October 20th.
- Cottages may be rented by the week, month or seasons, with special rates for pre-season or season occupancy.
- There is a 3 night minimum stay
- One week minimum stay during Summer season (Sat-Sat)
- Each extra person $50 per stay (6 years old and up)
Gay & Lesbian Factor: Cape Cod as a whole is extremely gay & lesbian friendly, especially Provincetown. I found Bob & Shirley to be very gracious and welcoming and eager to host me at their property. This would be the PERFECT location to settle down while exploring the Cape. The LGBT community should feel extremely comfortable here.
I am hereby “OUTING” Harbor Village as LGBT friendly and worthy of our business.
Let me stress what a gem, Harbor Village is! It is a great value for the beautiful cottage you have access to, the beach and location.